Friday, July 4, 2014

Shakeology review

One of the perks to doing a challenge pack with Beachbody is you get a months supply of shakeology also. It is nice that you basically get the workout for free on most challenge packs. This is my first time to actually try shakeology and use recipes they have for their flavors. My pack included the vegan choices of chocolate and tropical strawberry. I chose these to try out a brown rice based drink. My favorite so far is this recipe:

Chocolate Banana Nutter

1 serving of Chocolate Shakeology
  • 1 Tbsp. natural peanut butter
  • 1 medium banana
  • 1 cup water or 1 cup of almond milk
Blended until smooth. The flavor is actually really chocolatey and the banana cuts down on the bitterness. I also like the tropical strawberry but I have not found my favorite way to mix it yet. I will try and post my favorites as I go along. I did try the vanilla regular shakeology today and tried to make Snickerdoodle as listed:

Snickerdoodle

1 scoop vanilla Shakeology
 1 cup skim milk or unsweetened almond milk
 1-2 cups ice
 1 tsp honey
 1 tsp peanut butter
2 tsp cinnamon
 1 tsp vanilla

Blended until smooth. But, all I could taste was  the cinnamon and the bitterness of the shakeology. I think if I make this one again I would leave out the honey and vanilla because I couldn't taste them. And the shakeology was from a coworker and it had use by June 2014 so I think the product was old. I hope to try the vanilla shakeology again in a future order.

I will say overall it still helps curb my appetite and the pre and probiotics help me feel better. I will let you know what other good recipes I find. I have posted a link to the recipes at the bottom of this post and on the side of my blog. Enjoy!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram Feed @paleofit_gal

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Piyo

Powered by Blogger.