Monday, October 5, 2015

30 Day Paleo Food Challenge - Results



30 Day Paleo



I finished my 30 Day Paleo Challenge on 9/21/15. I must say it was a very interesting 30 Days. I had times where I was sad I couldn't eat whatever, but I did manage to stay strong on eating on most of the plan.
After my 2 week post I did struggle with not drinking coffee. I don't know if it was because I gave up so many other things that I just couldn't drop it. I am trying again this week to not drink any because I think it does slow down getting better with my thyroid issues. As of today I am 5 days out, so I think I am good now. I am drinking non-caffeinated herbal teas in the afternoon.


My final results were:



8/24/15                          9/7/15                                9/21/15
Waist -38"                      Waist: 36"                        Waist: 35.5”
Chest-44"                       Chest-42"                         Chest- 41.5”
Hips-44"                         Hips- 43"                         Hips – 43”
Arms- L:13" R"13"         Arms: L:12.5" R:12"      Arms: L:12.5" R:12"
Legs- L::22" R:22"          Legs:L:20" R:21"           Legs:L:20" R:21"
Weight: 223                    Weight: 211                     Weight: 210









My overall feeling on this plan is that it works. You have to stay strong though and focus on if you are feeling better not to give into cravings. Have snacks and meals with you if you are at work or outside of home. I am continuing this plan for the foreseeable future. I am going to continue working out and I am not going to add back any foods or food groups I removed. I plan on trying for the 90 day mark and see how I feel. Hopefully I can consider trying some of the items that were taken out of my diet plan. But, I am not any hurry to add them back in. I am just happy to be feeling well 75-80% of the day. It is eye opening what changing your diet can do.

As for my thyroid health, it is up and down each day. My lab results came back as "normal ranges". But, I still have a goiter and nodules on each side. My doctor said I could try 25mcg of Levothyroxine for two months to see if it helps shrink the nodules and goiter. I asked for a brand called Tirosint, which is supposed to be free of additives. Some pills have milk and other additives in them which I need to avoid. I have been on it for about 10 days, but I cannot tell if it is making a big difference yet. My nodules and goiter change throughout the day still. Most mornings I am waking up and both sides of my thyroid are swollen. It is usually better after I wake up and take my Tirosint. So it may be helping. I will keep updating as things progress and I have a recheck with my Endocrinologist in November. I am just taking it a day at a time, and focusing on
not being stressed each day.

Stay tuned for sample menus and recipes from my Paleo Adventures!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram Feed @paleofit_gal

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Piyo

Powered by Blogger.