Thursday, September 17, 2015

21 Day Fix Review - Paleo




21 Day Fix Review Paleo Edition


My Review of 21 Day Fix is finally here. I am Calling it the 21 Day Fix Paleo Version. I did the 21 Day Fix Program from 8/24 to 9/7. During this time I also started my Paleo Food Challenge. For my meal plan I used the Paleo List I have provided before, with a few changes for the container categories. Before starting, I had been struggling with losing weight and gaining muscle. But, with my dietary changes and the workouts I have been able to see changes in both.




So, what does 21 Day Fix consist of? It includes 7 workouts, food containers, and an eating plan guide.
The workouts included are:

Total Body Cardio Fix
Upper Fix
Lower Fix
Cardio Fix
Dirty 30
Pilates Fix
Yoga Fix

All workouts are 30 minutes and have a nice variety of cardio, weight training, and active recovery days.
 I have completed 2 rounds of 21 Day Fix over the past year or so. But, I did not see any drastic changes. I think for me it was all about my diet. I was eating healthy, but not the right choices for my body. The Paleo changes I have made have helped me get closer to my goals.

The food containers are as follows:

Green-Vegetables
Red-Protein
Purple-Fruits
Yellow-Carbs/Starches
Blue-Healthy Fats
Orange-Seeds and dressings

Below is the Paleo Food List adapted to 21 Day Fix Containers
21 Day Fix Paleo Food List


And here is the PDF version:  21 Day Fix Paleo Food List

 When you start the 21 Day Fix program, you calculate which bracket you need for your daily food containers. Here is the list and how much you get to eat each day. You do get a calculated calorie amount, but you don't have to keep up with your calories. You just focus on eating your daily total of containers.
21 Day Fix Calories




The pictures below are my 3 week results and also my 2 week weigh in for the Paleo Food Challenge and measurements for both.
30 Paleo Food Challenge

8/24/15                          9/7/15
Waist -38"                      Waist: 36"
Chest-44"                       Chest-42"
Hips-44"                         Hips- 43"
Arms- L:13" R"13"         Arms: L:12.5" R:12"
Legs- L::22" R:22"          Legs:L:20" R:21"
Weight: 223                    Weight: 211

As you can see by the results, the changes I am making are finally working. I am excited to see where I go after this round. I hope this helps you see the importance of diet and exercise are both needed to make a change. Especially if you are stuck at a certain point or don't know where to start. Also, a different view on what to eat. I have not been at this weight or lower in 5 years, so I am beyond excited with my personal results and it is keeping me motivated.


Below is a spreadsheet or printable sheet you can use to keep up with your daily container amounts.
21 Day Fix Container Tracker


Here is the PDF version and Excel Version for you to use.

Interested in checking out the full program and information? 
Check out my store link here: 21 Day Fix

As we move forward I will be posting a weekly eating plan I used and recipes. I hope this review is helpful for you. Just know that it is only 3 weeks. You can do this and make a change for yourself. I can help with any questions you have. If you are just starting on your journey take each day and week at a time. Don't be afraid to modify any of the moves. You are still working hard and you will see changes. Don't use the weights if it is too much, just keep going!!! I will keep you updated next week on my final 30 days of the Paleo Food Challenge.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram Feed @paleofit_gal

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Piyo

Powered by Blogger.