Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The Paleo Diet Food List

AIP Paleo Food Diet List




One of the things I have noticed about The Paleo Diet, is all the information out there! It can be overwhelming and just too much to take in at once. Hopefully, this overview will let you know what is involved in The Paleo Diet Plan.



When it comes to what choices you have on Paleo, it is actually quite a bit. The first thing I have learned is you have to stop thinking about typical foods you eat at Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Instead think about what will be filling and nutritious at each meal. It will help your mindset and you can focus on planning tasty meals instead. Below is the foods allowed on the Paleo Diet.




Paleo Food Groups:
Meat and Seafood
Fruits
Vegetables
Fats and Oils
Spices

Meats and Seafood (grass fed and fresh caught are best):
Beef
Bison
Chicken
Game meats
Lamb
Pork
Turkey
Veal
Venison
Bacon and sausage (no additives, msg, nitrate and nitrite free)
Fresh caught seafood and fish


Vegetables                    Goitrogens
Artichokes                     Bok Choy
Asparagus                      Broccoli
Arugula                          Brussel Sprouts
Bamboo                         Cabbage
Beets                              Cauliflower
Celery                            Collard Greens
Chard                             Kale
Cucumbers                    Radishes
Endive                           Spinach
Fennel
Garlic
Green onions
Lettuce
Mushrooms
Okra
Onions
Parsley
Shallots
Squash
Zucchini



Fruits                          Goitrogens
Apples                         Peaches
Apricot                        Pears
Banana                        Strawberries
Blackberries
Blueberries
Cherries
Cranberries
Figs
Grapefruit
Grapes
Kiwis
Lemon
Limes
Mango
Nectarine
Oranges
Papaya
Passionfruit
Pineapple
Plantain
Plums
Pomegranate
Rasperries
Tangerines
Watermelon


Oils: 
Lard
Coconut manna, milk, and oil
Olive Oil, cold pressed
Palm Oil
Beef Tallow




                   Spices
Anise                           Curry
Basil                             Dill
Bay leaf                       Fennel
Black pepper               Garlic
Caraway                      Marjoram
Cardamom                  Mustard seed
Celery seed                 Oregano
Chives                         Parsley
Cilantro                       Rosemary
Cinnamon                   Saffron
Clove                           Tarragon
Coriander                    Thyme
Cumin                         Turmeric




Other Paleo groups or foods to avoid for Auto Immune Protocol:
Nuts( almond, cashew, hazelnut, pecan, pine, pumpkin, sunflower, macadamia, walnut)
Eggs
Eggplants, nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, hot peppers,
cayenne, tomatillo, and spices from peppers
Grass fed butter, ghee

Avocado, avocado oil (may be ok for you, bothers me)
Sweet potato (may be ok for you, bothers, me)

AIP Paleo Food list




Here is a one page copy of this list to help with grocery shopping. Paleo Food List

I am following more selective Paleo diet. This diet is considered an autoimmune protocol diet. Or for short the AIP Paleo Diet. Most, of the time it is recommended this diet is followed for 30 to 90 days. Then after that you try and add back in food groups that you are avoiding. The list above will be what I will try and add back in hopefully. I have also listed foods that are goitrogens. These are foods that suppress the thyroid and thyroid functions. These foods should be limited throughout the week. These are somewhat easier on your body if you cook them, because it helps to breakdown and turn off the goitrogens.

If you are starting this diet and/or the AIP version I have one main tip to remember. You may react to different foods than others. A lot of information found can be tailored to each persons journey. My list is even has some changes to what I can and cannot eat. The main list I have provided though is a starting point for you. I feel this reflects the majority of what I have read and seen on other lists.  I suggest keeping a food journal for at least 14 to 30 days. I discovered many of my issues that way. And also trust in the 30 day trial time. 

So far, these 2 weeks have been eye opening to me. The results alone make me want to make life changes. But, don't be discouraged if you don't notice a difference in the same amount of time. But, I think you will see changes in the 30 days. Also, their may be other options for vegetables and fruits just do your research if you add any other items to the list. Trust me white potatoes are not included, unfortunately!
Today is Day 16 of my eating plan. I did not give up eggs until Day 7 and tomatoes until Day 11. I also was still weaning myself off of coffee again so it was not out of my diet until Day 12. I started this plan just to try Paleo and then a week or so in found the Auto Immune list. So, that is why things have changed.

What is another important thing about this lifestyle change? Planning ahead! You do not want to be caught without a meal ready to eat because then it can lead to going outside your list of approved foods. 

I will share next week how much weight I have lost doing this diet and the 21 day fix program. It will be my 14 day results of the Paleo Diet with the changes listed above.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram Feed @paleofit_gal

Popular Posts

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Piyo

Powered by Blogger.